Flexible HUE HD Portable USB Camera, free shipping
HUE HD Portable USB Camera is a flexible web camera with multiple choices in color; it is portable, and will connect with your computer’s USB
HUE HD Portable USB Camera is a flexible web camera with multiple choices in color; it is portable and will connect with your computer’s USB
- FLEXIBLE: Unique, easy-to-use innovatively-designed USB camera with a built-in microphone.
- PORTABLE: Widely used as a lightweight classroom document camera/visualizer in conjunction with a whiteboard.
- VERSATILE: Perfect for taking pictures, recording videos, videoconferencing, live streaming, creating time-lapse films, or stop-motion movies (software not included).
- PLUG AND PLAY: Simply connect the camera to your computer’s USB port and it’s ready to use. Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux or ChromeOS (please see System Requirements below for details).
- COMPARE: Choose your perfect HUE camera using the comparison chart below.
- PC: Windows 10 recommended (Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP compatible)
- Mac: macOS 10.12+ recommended (Mac OS X 10.4.3+ compatible)
- Other: ChromeOS, or Linux distributions with UVC support
- Powered USB port (USB 2.0 recommended, USB 3.0/1.1 compatible)
The HUE HD USB camera is a cost-effective alternative to a standard classroom document camera or visualizer. Easy to use and portable, this camera is popular with teachers and students throughout the world. Perfect for classroom, office, or personal use.
By connecting your HUE HD camera to your computer and a projector you can share students’ work, books, experiments, and pictures.
The camera is ‘plug and play’ and compatible with most video conferencing, streaming, and web-casting software e.g. Skype, FaceTime, Facebook, YouTube, Google Hangouts, Twitch, etc.
Note: The camera is compatible with most third-party video software in Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, and Linux distributions with UVC support.
- HUE HD camera
- Camera base
- USB to mini-USB cable
Use the HUE HD camera for:
- Live streaming
- Recording video
- Projecting to a whiteboard
- Online tutoring
- Video conferencing
- Filming a class or demonstration
- A lightweight, portable document camera
- Built-in USB microphone
- Flexible neck with full 360-degree rotation
- Manual focus; the camera can be moved and refocused for close-ups
- Native resolution of 1280×720 (720p)
- UVC compatible
- Available in a choice of colors
- From a real customer:
William RobinsonI wish I could give six stars for both the camera and the seller.
Reviewed in the United States on April 15, 2020Verified Purchase
I needed a webcam for video conferencing via Zoom, specifically for our Sunday School class meeting. I use my desktop computer almost exclusively, so I had no camera or microphone. As most of the reviewers are teachers who use the camera primarily for documents, I asked a question about how it works for conferences. Almost immediately, I got a response from both the seller and a couple of users that it works great for my purpose. So I ordered it.
That was on 4/10. It was scheduled for delivery on 4/15, but I actually received it on Easter Sunday 4/12. So I give the seller high marks for promptness both in answering my question and shipping the product.
Now for the camera. It comes in 3 pieces. The camera/microphone unit comes attached to a flexible gooseneck that’s about a foot long. The gooseneck plugs into a plastic base. Then the base plugs into the computer via the included cable (approximately 6 feet long.) Some reviewers claim the attachments are not secure, that they come loose easily. I have not found that to be the case. Some also report that the base is too light, so the camera tips over easily. That may be when you bend the gooseneck down to shoot documents, but it is plenty stable for my purpose since I will always use it with the gooseneck straight up.
I don’t know why some reviewers said they had problems with installation. All I can figure is that they’re referring to the software, not the camera itself. The camera is simply plugged and play – at least with Windows 10.
The camera’s image quality is excellent. The webcam built into my wife’s laptop is ok when viewing a small image, but it becomes quite grainy when viewing full screen. Not so with this webcam. When I view the image full screen on my 32″ monitor, there’s just a bit of graininess, not objectionable. And the microphone works great. When I tried the camera out in our small group Zoom meeting, everyone was having problems hearing me, but my issue was not having Zoom set right. When I fixed that, they said that they could hear me clearly.
All in all, I’m very satisfied with my purchase.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.